During these unique circumstances, we want you to know that we are taking the following responsible actions to maintain a positive and safe learning environment during the Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation as guided by the CDC.
- Employees are to remain home if they are feeling ill or have an ill family member in their home.
- Participants MUST provide their own DOT helmet, SmartRider MSP will not provide loaner helmets.
- Participants MUST provide their own personal gloves, SmartRider MSP will not provide loaner gloves.
- We will reschedule any participant who decides that it is in their best interest; as a result of feeling ill or feeling they are at a high risk of contracting COVID-19.
- Frequent (daily) sanitizing and disinfecting of all public areas including but not limited to door knobs, tables, chairs, pens, markers, course materials and motorcycles.
- Providing hand sanitizers.
The MSF Basic RiderCourse is designed for beginning riders of all ages. The course takes place over two consecutive days. First you will complete a 3 hour basic eCourse at home which is sent to you after you register. The eCourse will cover a variety of things, you’ll learn about the different types of motorcycles, layout and operation of the basic controls, and how to become a safer, more responsible rider. You’ll review the different types of safety gear worn for protection and comfort. You’ll find out how alcohol and other drugs impair your ability to ride safely. Once class begins there is approximately five hours of interactive classroom instruction which prepares you for ten hours of practical riding exercises in a controlled, off-street environment—typically, a paved parking lot. After moving to the riding range your RiderCoaches (experienced motorcyclists certified by the Motorcycle Safety Foundation) will start you off with straight-line riding, stopping, shifting, and turning. You’ll gradually progress to swerving and emergency braking.Motorcycles and helmets are provided free of charge for your use during the course.
The course concludes with a knowledge test and a riding skill evaluation. Once your RiderCoach hands you the course-completion card, you’ll be happy knowing that you’ve gone the extra mile to develop your own safe riding techniques. Your introduction to the wonderful world of motorcycling has just begun! COURSE FEE $310.00
BRC 2 LW
The MSF Basic RiderCourse 2 – LW qualifies as a NY DMV License Waiver course in New York!
The Motorcycle Safety Foundation Basic RiderCourse 2- LW (NYSMSP BRC2- LW), is a unique riding curriculum for New Yorkers offered through the New York State Motorcycle Safety Program (NYSMSP)
This course is an 8-hour course that contains a unique on-line classroom segment as a pre-requisite and also offers a variety of practice riding exercises designed to further develop your riding skills on your own motorcycle. The riding exercises conclude with a skills test. In order for a participant to earn their NYSMSP BRC2-LW License Waiver Completion Card they must successfully complete the eCourse (on-line) and the skills evaluation on the range.
It is designed for individuals that have had some street riding experience and have held a valid New York State Motorcycle Permit for at least 1 calendar year, and possess some street riding skills.
You’ll practice these critical riding skills on your own motorcycle in our secure riding setting. Successful completion of a BRC2-LW qualifies you for a motorcycle license road test-waiver with the New York State DMV. Skip the trip to DMV and sign up today for a NYSMSP BRC2-LW, your fast track to getting your Motorcycle License!
In order to obtain your motorcycle license after 1 day of training you must:
- Bring your own (or borrow) a motorcycle/scooter and use it for the BRC2 riding range exercises.
- Possess a valid New York State Driver License (Junior Operator license holders do NOT qualify for a road test waiver and may not enroll in this class).
- Possess a valid NY motorcycle permit.
- Pass a BRC2-LW Course Knowledge Test (On-line).
- Pass a BRC2-LW Skill Evaluation, which is administered after all the BRC2 riding range exercises have been completed.
WHAT YOU NEED TO BRING:
- A motorcycle (must have a valid NYS DMV Safety Inspection Certificate affixed).
- Your valid NYS Driver License.
- Your valid NYS Motorcycle Permit.
- A valid NYS motorcycle’s registration.
- A valid motorcycle’s insurance card (FS-20/ FS-21).
- A Helmet- DOT-approved motorcycle helmet (you may borrow one if needed).
- Eye protection (face shield or goggles).
- A long sleeve shirt or jacket.
- Full-fingered gloves.
- Durable long pants.
- Over the ankle footwear (one inch above the ankle).
- Rain gear, classes run- rain or shine.
Course fee $260.00 Please call the office for more details at 845 471 5800 or enroll by clicking below:
BRC 3 Wheel
Learn to ride a Can Am!
If you’ve ever dreamed of an open road adventure, then the Can-Am Rider Education Program is your path to reality!
Certified instructors will share their expertise for you to receive the training fundamentals required to successfully complete the course and obtain your 3-wheel motorcycle endorsement. A Can-Am On-Road model will be provided for the duration of the course at no extra cost.
You will receive theoretical and practical essentials worth months of riding experience:
- how to minimize risk and handle special situations
- basic vehicle control
- throttle control
- straight line riding
- turning and shifting
- advanced skills like stopping quickly and evasive maneuvering
- In most states, both the knowledge test & skills test can be taken at your local riding school waiving the DMV requirements.
There’s never been a better time to Learn To Ride.
COURSE FEE $99.00
Road Test Escort:
Although we strongly encourage to see people utilize the Basic RiderCourse, we also offer Road Test Escorts if preferred. We operate within all of the counties of the Hudson Valley and are able to both schedule and accompany you to your road test if desired.
Sometimes we find that people feel less intimidated if they can have a “one-on-one” forum with an Instructor. Private lessons allow for you to move at pace that suits you best. Whether you are a recent graduate of the Basic RiderCourse and are ready to get on the street, or if you looking to see if motorcycling is for you, we are confident that we will be able to provide you with the relaxed atmosphere coupled with precision guidance that will help you accomplish all of your goals.
Private Lessons $65.00 per hour or $120.00 for two hours.